AFT Impulse is a powerful dynamic simulation and analysis software used to calculate pressure surge transients in liquid piping systems caused by water hammer.
- Easily model a wide range of system components and surge devices
- Understand the transient response of your system, knowing how valves, pumps and other components will dynamically interact with each other.
- Evaluate the effect of pressure surges due to vapor cavity collapse by modeling vapor cavitation and liquid column separation.
- Validate the design of safety features to produce safer, more economical pipe systems.
Design and Operate Your System with Greater Safety and Reliability
- Avoid potentially catastrophic effects of waterhammer and other undesirable system transients
- Prevent transient pressure issues by properly sizing and locating surge equipment, such as surge tanks, gas accumulators, and relief valves
- Initiate transients based on time or events in the system
- Reduce surge magnitudes by adjusting system component transients such as valve closure time or pump speed
- Easily animate and visualize a waterhammer event to improve fundamental understanding
- Calculate transient unbalanced forces and define forces sets as location pairs or single points
- Specify design alerts that automatically highlight output values that are out of range for flow, peak pressure, velocity, and more
- Compile libraries of your frequently used piping components and quickly select them from a drop down list
- Ensure pressure extremes are within design allowables
- Waterhammer calculation
- Size and locate surge suppression equipment
- Determine imbalanced pipe forces and sizing structural supports
- Troubleshoot existing systems to determine the cause of operational problems
- Evaluate the effect of pressure surges due to vapor cavity collapse
- Download Link : AFT Impulse 7.0.1105 Build 2019.01.02
- Sales Page : https://www.aft.com/products/impulse
- Size : 393MB
- Operating system : Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10