- 8 sections • 22 lectures • 1h 58m total length
What you’ll learn
- Where HART is used in the process automation industry
- Basic technical overview
- How to create a physical point-to-point HART network
- HART Commands and Data Frames
- Software simulation of master/slave communication
- Use of the popular PACTware software for HART communication
- Advanced technical details / real world application examples
- Working knowledge of the process control devices in a typical Process Automation or SCADA system
- Working knowledge of the standard 4-20 mA loop connection
- Basic understanding of an Analog Input
HART stands for “highway addressable remote transducer”, and is a protocol that is still heavily used in the process automation industry. HART is essential for the remote configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of plant instrumentation and it’s use yields many cost saving benefits.
This course has been designed with practicality in mind. At the end of this course, you will be able to use the HART protocol in a very hands-on way to configure, maintain and troubleshoot plant instrumentation. Essentially, you will have a new practical skill in the field of process automation and plant maintenance.
Specifically, in this course, you will learn:
- Where HART is used in the process automation industry.
- Basic technical overview.
- How to create a physical point-to-point HART network.
- HART commands and data frames.
- Software simulation of master/slave communication.
- Use of the popular PACTware software for HART communication.
- Advanced technical details / real world application examples.
- and much more …
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Tech or Engineering Students
- Process Control Technicians and Engineers
- Process Automation Engineers
- Programmers working in the Process Automation field