- 9 sections • 34 lectures • 2h 46m total length
What you’ll learn
- Understand the Arduino Uno and RS485 Shield from a Hardware persepctive
- Connect an Arduino RS485 Shield to an Arduino Uno
- Connect an Arduino Uno to a Hitachi HD44780 LCD display
- Use the Arduino IDE to develop applications for the Arduino Uno
- Write an Arduino Sketch application to display messages on an LCD display
- Write an Arduino Sketch application to implement a Modbus Master
- Test an Arduino Modbus master using the Modsim32 Modbus slave simulator
- Write an Arduino Sketch application to implement a Modbus Slave
- Test an Arduino Modbus slave using the Modscan32 Modbus master application
- Basic working knowledge of the Modbus RTU protocol.
- Familiarity with the installation of software applications on the Windows OS platform
- Elementary understanding of the “C” programming language
- Basic understanding of elementary electronics
If you work in the Automation Industry, you will know that automation equipment is very expensive. And many a time, especially for small applications, you simply cannot justify the use of very expensive equipment.
This is where the Arduino comes in!
The Arduino development board allows you to create very simple, but very powerful, Modbus master or slave devices through the use of relatively simple “C” programming. With the Arduino, you have full custom control over the program design allowing you to create very lean and very efficient devices for very specific purposes.
Put simply, mastering Modbus on the Arduino is going to take your skill level and value in the Automation Industry to a whole new level.
That is what this course is going to do. At the end of the course, you will know how to:
- Choose the appropriate Arduino hardware.
- Interconnect Arduino hardware with other add-on hardware.
- Write “C” applications to implement Modbus master and slave functionality.
- Use software and hardware to test each application that you write.
All of the programs written in the course are freely downloadable and give you a perfect starting point for further development. At the end of the course, you will have the knowledge to create your own products, your own custom Modbus master and slave hardware.
Looking forward to seeing you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Tech or Engineering Students
- Process Control Technicians and Engineers
- Process Automation Engineers
- Programmers working in the Process Automation field