- 9 sections • 65 lectures • 2h 16m total length
What you’ll learn
- Understand Network Layering as it applies to Modbus TCP/IP
- Understanding and Configuring IP Addresses on Modbus TCP/IP compliant devices
- Be able to Recognize and Interpret Modbus TCP/IP Data Streams
- Use Modbus Simulation Tools to simulate a simple Modbus TCP/IP Client-Server network
- Use Modbus Software to Troubleshoot Modbus TCP/IP Networks
- Configure a Programmable Logic Controller for Modbus TCP/IP Communication
- Create an actual physical Modbus TCP/IP Network System
- Working knowledge of Modbus RS485 Network Communication.
- Working knowledge of the process control devices in a typical Process Automation or SCADA system
If you deal with Automation and Process Control equipment, chances are that you are very familiar with terms like RS232, RS485, 4-20mA, DI, DO, AI and on and on. However, standards in Information Technology have been making their way into the fields of Automation and Process control. Modbus falls into that category as well.
Modbus has traditionally been used on RS485 networks. However, Modbus TCP/IP has gained in popularity and is being implemented more and more. Here is where the challenge exists. As a tech or engineer in the automation field, in order to implement, maintain and troubleshoot Modbus TCP/IP networks, you will need to know about certain technologies in the field of IT work. The latter can be a BIG challenge since the field of IT is so expansive and you don’t have the time to learn all of it.
That is what this course is for.
In this course, I am going to take your existing knowledge of Modbus RTU, combine it with what you need to know from the world of IT and give you all that you need to build, maintain and troubleshoot Modbus TCP/IP networks. And I am going to do that in the shortest possible time and in the most practical way that I know
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Tech or Engineering Students
- Process Control Technicians and Engineers
- Automation Engineers